I’ve been thinking the past couple weeks about what I want my resolution to be this year. There are a handful of them, and I will probably make more as I go along. So, this is what I have thus far!
1) Find Happiness—I did this in 2008 and I ended up in love for the first time.
2) Stop putting bad things into my body—cigarettes is the biggest one and using more natural things in my day to day life. I am working on stopping using shampoo and conditioner and I am also going to only use natural soap and such. You get the idea!
3) Loose weight—Yes I know that everyone has this, but I lost 40lbs this year, and I will keep it up in 2014 because I do believe that it is my year to succeed!
4) Not worry about the bullshit and do what makes me happy. Over thinking kills your happiness, and I am done over thinking!!
5) Learn—I am starting out the year by taking an 8 week glass blowing class!
6) Love myself. End of story! I refuse to worry about why boys don’t call me or contact me or anyone else for that matter. I am going to do what I have to in order to be comfortable in my skin and be happy when I look in a mirror or when I have a night all to myself with no one to enjoy it with. I used to be okay being alone. I will succeed in this again!
7) I am going to get a new job where I am a permanent fixture! I start working on cover letters tomorrow 🙂
8) Remove myself from the grid once a week! I am getting to this point where I hate when people can get in touch with me. This is also spawned by being strapped to a computer all day for work. I am over it for the most part. I want more out of life than technology.
I think these will do for now. I am determined to be happy. That is the one thing I know I want. I am going to remember the girl I was (without reverting back) in NYC when I was all alone and decided to figure out what made me happy the first time. It was successful and I feel like if I could find it there at that point in my life, I can find it here at this point. 2013 was a pretty rough year for my mind and I honestly cannot put myself through the pain and anguish that I created, again. I am doing it all for me in 2014. Let the unlucky 13 go ahead and go! I am washing my hands of the year!